- Houdini's Movies
- Les merveilleux exploits de Houdini à Paris (1909)
- The Master Mystery (1918)
- The Grim Game (1919)
- Terror Island (1920)
- The Man From Beyond (1922)
- Haldane of the Secret Service (1923)
- Velvet Fingers (1925-26)
- Medium Well Done (1937)
- Religious Racketeers (1938)
- Houdini Picture Corp.
- Film Developing Corp.
- Filming locations
- Unmade Movies
- Beatrice Houdini
- Theo Hardeen
- Cecelia Weiss
- Mayer Samuel Weiss
- Jim Collins
- Franz Kukol
- Martin Beck
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- J. Gordon Whitehead
- Edward Saint
- Jacob Hyman
- Leopold Weiss
- Carrie Gladys Weiss
- Bernard M.L. Ernst
- Charmian London
- Jess Willard
- H.P. Lovecraft
- Sherlock Holmes
- Other magicians
- Full Bibliography
- By Houdini
- For Kids
- Wild About Harry Bookshelf
- Houdini His Life Story (1928)
- Houdini The Man Who Walked Through Walls (1959)
- Houdini The Untold Story (1969)
- The Life and Many Deaths of Harry Houdini (1993)
- Houdini!!! The Career of Ehrich Weiss (1997)
- The Secret Life of Houdini (2006)
- The Metamorphosis: The Apprenticeship of Harry Houdini (2012)
- The Witch of Lime Street (2015)
- The Official Houdini Seance
- Terror Island screening on Catalina (2018)
- Visiting the Copperfield Collection (2018)
- 278 Open House (2017)
- Los Angeles Conference on Magic History (2015)
- Official Houdini Séance, San Francisco (2015)
- Houdini Historical Roast (2015)
- Midwest Magic History Weekend, Marshall (2015)
- The Grim Game premiere in Hollywood (2015)
- Houdini at Hollywood Heritage (2014)
- Official Houdini Seance, Fort Worth (2012)
- Magic Collectors Weekend, Chicago (2011)
- Houdini Art and Magic exhibition (2010-2012)
- Tony Curtis at The Magic Castle (2009)
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
A wave of photos of Catherine Zeta-Jones in Death Defying Acts have hit the net. Under headlines proclaiming “Zeta-Jones Strips for Houdini” and “Zeta-Jones turns belly-dancing psychic,” the pics show the Oscar winning actress performing her mind-reading act in the film.
It’s all great; trouble is, not one of these articles give us a release date!
Starring Guy Pearce as Houdini, Death Defying Acts was due to be released by the Weinstein Company on Christmas Day. The film never materialized and emails to Myriad Pictures and The Weinstein Company went unanswered.
The Age reports that the film will be released in March in Australia and IMDb shows a Russian release on February 28. But for the rest of us, well...here’s Catherine!
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Wasserman had directed The Great Houdini, a Yiddish musical in 2000, but the goal was to always adapt it for a wider audience.
“I'm having a massive theatre production performed on the same stage where I grew up performing in Yiddish productions,” says Gonshor. “West End residents should be proud of the fact that quality local theatre is being produced in their own backyards; this isn't a Toronto production or a Broadway show touring the country; it's a locally written, directed, produced and performed show. People should support it and come out.”
“At the end of it all however, Houdini is a musical and is meant as entertainment and everyone involved in the production hopes that people embrace it because they leave the show having gotten their money's worth.”
The Leonor and Alvin Segal Theatre, The Montreal Highlights Festival and Ernst & Young present Houdini from February 10 - March 2. For tickets and/or information, you can call the Box Office at 514-739-7944 or Admission at 514-790-1245. You can also log on to: www.segalcentre.org. The Segal Centre for Performing Arts at the Saidye is located at 5170 Cote Ste. Catherine Rd.
Source: The Chronicle.