- Houdini's Movies
- Les merveilleux exploits de Houdini à Paris (1909)
- The Master Mystery (1918)
- The Grim Game (1919)
- Terror Island (1920)
- The Man From Beyond (1922)
- Haldane of the Secret Service (1923)
- Velvet Fingers (1925-26)
- Medium Well Done (1937)
- Religious Racketeers (1938)
- Houdini Picture Corp.
- Film Developing Corp.
- Filming locations
- Unmade Movies
- The Margery Files
- Margery (all posts)
- Houdini and Conan Doyle
- Houdini's Spiritualism Lecture
- Congressional testimony
- 1925 radio address on spiritualism (transcript)
- Houdini on the Bible, spirits, Freud, and spells
- Rose Mackenberg
- Message Codes
- Arthur Ford
- The Final Houdini Seance
- The Official Houdini Seance
- Beatrice Houdini
- Theo Hardeen
- Cecilia Weiss
- Jim Collins
- Franz Kukol
- Martin Beck
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- J. Gordon Whitehead
- Edward Saint
- Jacob Hyman
- Leopold Weiss
- Mayer Samuel Weiss
- Carrie Gladys Weiss
- Bernard M.L. Ernst
- Charmian London
- Jess Willard
- H.P. Lovecraft
- Sherlock Holmes
- Other magicians
- Full Bibliography
- By Houdini
- For Kids
- Wild About Harry Bookshelf
- Houdini His Life Story (1928)
- Houdini The Man Who Walked Through Walls (1959)
- Houdini The Untold Story (1969)
- The Life and Many Deaths of Harry Houdini (1993)
- Houdini!!! The Career of Ehrich Weiss (1997)
- The Secret Life of Houdini (2006)
- The Metamorphosis: The Apprenticeship of Harry Houdini (2012)
- The Witch of Lime Street (2015)
- The Official Houdini Seance
- Terror Island screening on Catalina (2018)
- Visiting the Copperfield Collection (2018)
- 278 Open House (2017)
- Los Angeles Conference on Magic History (2015)
- Official Houdini Séance, San Francisco (2015)
- Houdini Historical Roast (2015)
- Midwest Magic History Weekend, Marshall (2015)
- The Grim Game premiere in Hollywood (2015)
- Houdini at Hollywood Heritage (2014)
- Official Houdini Seance, Fort Worth (2012)
- Magic Collectors Weekend, Chicago (2011)
- Houdini Art and Magic exhibition (2010-2012)
- Tony Curtis at The Magic Castle (2009)
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Plans unveiled for new Houdini Plaza
Landscape architects from the Hitchcock Design Group unveiled new plans for Appleton's Houdini Plaza Wednesday night. The redesign calls for improved landscaping, more seating and a raised terrace for performances.
"At that intersection you'll see this fountain and this glass tower, which will have elements that are reminiscent of the whole Houdini experience," Rick Hitchcock said of the design. "We're thinking about glass block that's illuminated from within, so that it will glow in the evening and provide a really gorgeous lighted pattern."
"We didn't want to scream Houdini, Houdini," said Karen Harkness, community development director. "But we wanted to honor Houdini in a more subtle manner. One of Houdini's names was the king of chains, so you'll see chains throughout the pavement."
City leaders don't have an estimate of what the project will cost just yet. They say those numbers will be worked out as the design is finalized. The city has spent nearly $30,000 on the plans, but won't spend anymore until it's confident the community is on board, according to Mayor Tim Hanna.
"Something needs to happen there, it's a very valuable space and it's a community space and we want to maintain it that way," said Hanna. "We've gone down this path a couple times before with 100 percent city funds, this time we want some partnerships, we want some community buy in."
Still to be decided is where to place the Houdini-inspired Metamorphosis sculpture, which is in storage at a city facility.
"There are offers for it, but we don't want to commit to any of them until we are done with the design and had the opportunity (to deliberate)," Harkness said.
City leaders are hoping to see a re-vamped Houdini Plaza by 2013.