David Charvet has reveled details of the upcoming Midwest Magic History Weekend to be held May 28-30, 2015 in Marshall, Michigan. As you can see, I will be presenting my full "Houdini in Hollywood" talk along with a screening of a Houdini movie (which movie we haven't decided yet). I'm very excited about making my first visit to Marshall, "The Magic Capital of the World", and to the famous American Museum of Magic, which houses an important collection of Houdiniana. In fact, this entire weekend looks to be a delight for any magic history buff! Here are the confirmed details, with more to come:
Registrations are open for the Midwest Magic History Weekend - May 28-30, 2015 in Marshall, Michigan. Organized in conjunction with the American Museum of Magic, this will be THE event in the midwest this year for magic collectors and devotees of magic history.
- Behind-the-scenes tour of the American Museum of Magic collection, including the legendary Robert Lund Research Library (not open to the public).
- A chartered motor coach day tour to Colon, Michigan with a backroom visit to the Abbott Magic Company including a show of historic Abbott magic on the factory showroom stage.
- Three speaker's sessions on Thursday and Friday, including:
- John Cox with his acclaimed "Houdini In Hollywood" multi-media presentation, as recently featured at the Magic Castle; including rare film clips of Houdini in action and a showing of his 1920 Paramount feature, "Terror Island."
- Bill Spooner on the mysterious and controversial "Pendulum" mystery.
- Adele Friel Rhindress with memories of "Blackstone Island" in Colon during her time as an assistant on the Blackstone Sr. show during the 1940's.
- Gabe Fajuri with the story of Percy Abbott and the Abbott Magic Company including a panel discussion of what it was like to work at "The Magic Capital of The World" by past Abbott employees.
- Friday night "late show" featuring Keith Stickley and his "Dr. Scream's Spook Show Revival" - a full-stage show tribute to the campy midnight ghost shows of the 40's-50's and 60's.
- Saturday night "History's Mysteries" Stage show hosted by Mike Caveney, featuring seldom-seen magic and illusions from the past - some on stage for the first time in over 70 years.
- And MANY MORE speakers and surprises to be announced.
- Dealer's Room with antique and collectible magic for sale.
- Sunday auction of historic magic by Potter and Potter.
Plus included in your registration: "Welcome" reception on Thursday night; lunch at the River Lake Inn in Colon on Saturday; full country-style dinner on Saturday evening; Farewell reception on Saturday night.
All in the beautiful, historic town of Marshall, Michigan. Located midway between Chicago and Detroit. Take a step back in time where history lives.
Registration is $225 per person. Hotel rooms are $119/night + tax. This promises to be a weekend you'll remember.
Details and registration at: http://www.MagicHistoryWeekend.com.
Hope to see you there!