So let's get a Houdini movie in the mix! Heck, with 50 choices, we can nominate all of Houdini's movies. But let's at least be uniform in nominating what most consider his best film, The Grim Game (1919).
Here's how to do it:
- Click to visit the 2018 National Film Registry Nomination Form.
- You will be asked for your email address and how you heard about the site (feel free to say you heard about them from Wild About Harry).
- You'll then have the opportunity to nominate up to 50 films, listing each by title and year.
- Please enter The Grim Game as the title and 1919 as the year.
- If you'd like to list his other films, they are: The Master Mystery (1918); Terror Island (1920); The Man From Beyond (1922); Haldane of the Secret Service (1923). I also entered the Tony Curtis biopic Houdini (1953), because there's a lot to recommend that film as choice example of American cinema.
Thanks for your support and feel free to spread the word! It would be terrifc to see The Grim Game or any Houdini movie make the 2018 list.
Speaking of The Grim Game, I will be showing the film along with giving a talk about Houdini in cinema at the Jewish Museum of Maryland in Baltimore on November 4. Click for details.