- LECTURE: “The Secret Life of Houdini,” by William Kalush, director of The Conjuring Arts Research Center and author of The Secret Life of Houdini. (Sunday, July 24, 2:00 p.m.)
- EXCURSION: A visit to L.A.’s famed Magic Castle, including an illustrated lecture on Houdini’s experiences in Hollywood by Houdini expert Patrick Culliton, a tour of the Houdini séance room, a performance by Jim Bentley, an accomplished magician and escape artist who performs in the style of Houdini, plus a catered lunch. (Friday, June 3, 11:00 a.m.–2:30 p.m.)
- FILM: Free matinees of films about Harry Houdini and the influence of magic in Western society, namely Houdini (1953) (Tuesday, May 3, 1:30 p.m.); Ragtime (1981) (Tuesday, May 10, 1:30 p.m.); FairyTale: A True Story (1997) (Tuesday, June 7, 1:30 p.m.); and The Great Houdini (1976) (Tuesday, June 14, 1:30 p.m.).
- FILM: Double-feature screening of two serials starring Harry Houdini: Terror Island (1920) and Haldane of the Secret Service (1923). (Sunday, July 10, 2:00 p.m.)
- LATE-NIGHT EVENT: Magic-inspired evening featuring live music, a DJ, magicians, film screening of the Houdini serial Master Mystery, poetry readings, and gallery tours. Performers TBA. (Friday, July 8, 9:00 p.m.–12:00 a.m.)
These are just the major Houdini related events. Other magic themed events include programs with Marvyn Roy (“Mr. Electric”), Mike Caveney, Max Maven, and Joshua Jay.
PRESS RELEASE: Houdini Art and Magic
PRESS RELEASE: Masters of Illusion: Jewish Magicians of the Golden Age