- Houdini's Movies
- Les merveilleux exploits de Houdini à Paris (1909)
- The Master Mystery (1918)
- The Grim Game (1919)
- Terror Island (1920)
- The Man From Beyond (1922)
- Haldane of the Secret Service (1923)
- Velvet Fingers (1925-26)
- Medium Well Done (1937)
- Religious Racketeers (1938)
- Houdini Picture Corp.
- Film Developing Corp.
- Filming locations
- Unmade Movies
- Deconstructing Houdini '53
- Beatrice Houdini
- Theo Hardeen
- Cecelia Weiss
- Mayer Samuel Weiss
- Jim Collins
- Franz Kukol
- Martin Beck
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- J. Gordon Whitehead
- Edward Saint
- Jacob Hyman
- Leopold Weiss
- Carrie Gladys Weiss
- Bernard M.L. Ernst
- Charmian London
- Jess Willard
- H.P. Lovecraft
- Sherlock Holmes
- Other magicians
- Full Bibliography
- By Houdini
- For Kids
- Wild About Harry Bookshelf
- Houdini His Life Story (1928)
- Houdini The Man Who Walked Through Walls (1959)
- Houdini The Untold Story (1969)
- The Life and Many Deaths of Harry Houdini (1993)
- Houdini!!! The Career of Ehrich Weiss (1997)
- The Secret Life of Houdini (2006)
- The Metamorphosis: The Apprenticeship of Harry Houdini (2012)
- The Witch of Lime Street (2015)
- The Life and Afterlife of Harry Houdini (2019)
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Daughter of Jack Price to attend the Official Houdini Seance in Halifax
On this Halloween Eve, I have some very exciting news to share about the Official Houdini Seance set to take place in Halifax, Nova Scotia tomorrow. At the seance table will be Karen Mann, the daughter of Jacques ("Jack") Price. Price was one of the three McGill University students in Houdini's dressing room on October 22, 1926 when the infamous blows to Houdini's stomach were struck by J. Gordon Whitehead.
Karen Mann is a PhD and celebrated Professor Emeritus of Medical Education at Dalhousie University, where she was founding Director from 1995-2006. She also is Chair in Medical Education at Manchester Medical School, University of Manchester, UK. In 2010, she received the Merrel Flair Award for Distinguished contributions to medical education in North America.
"I feel very fortunate to be included in this event," says Karen.
Karen's participation definitly adds something special to this year's seance and celebration. The sold-out event is being organized by Bruce MacNab, author of The Metamorphosis: The Apprenticeship of Harry Houdini, and will be held in the catacombs of the historic Citadel Hill in Halifax. (Click here for full details.)
Might Karen's presence be the key that unlocks the door to the spirit world and allows Harry to finally make his greatest escape?
I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
UPDATE: The message from Halifax: Houdini stayed silent.
UPDATE 2: Interview with Karen Mann.